Think about the kind of event you want to have. What suits you?
- Morning coffee
- Office brown-bag lunch
- Home-cooked meal with neighbors and friends
- Potluck with your house of faith
- Cookout or barbecue
- Post-rehearsal or sports practice circle-up
Think about different people to invite. Who should be at your table?
- Tell your friends to bring someone you don’t already know
- Partner with another community organization
- Post a public meet-up on social media
Think about how your event can support a local community. Who can you help?
- Use your gathering to support a local restaurant, grocer, or farmer
- Merge your event with a pre-existing neighborhood or community initiative
- Center it around your neighborhood’s history
Think about how to deepen the dialogue. How can you challenge your group?
- Share your Charlotte story with the group
- Experience listening as action
- Discuss ways to expand connections and opportunities for all of Charlotte
- Ask each other, “What’s next?”